OrnaVent® Solar Light
OrnaVent® Solar Lights are available in Green and Brown (Black SOLD OUT). It is designed to fit with Sch. 40, and Sch 35 connecting pipe.
- Weight: 3 lbs
- Dimensions: 18L X 8W X 8D
- Available Colors: Green, Black, Brown
Installation is Simple:
- Read the Install Guide and get the necessary tools for installation.
- Clean the PVC pipe.
- The top holes of the OrnaVent should be above snow level. (Measure the PVC pipe to 30″ for New England.)
- Cut the PVC pipe with a saw. Be sure to keep the vent stable.
- Spray PVC paint on the PVC pipe.
- Remember to take the battery tag off of the solar top (twist and look on the underside of the lid). Also, if a switch is present, turn switch to ‘on.’
- Put the OrnaVent septic disguise on the PVC pipe.
Venting has been demonstrated to improve the functioning of the system and enhance its life-span.
Ongoing research proves that any onsite septic system will work better and last longer if it has a sufficient oxygen supply. For this reason, PEI is now recommending venting on all Advanced Enviro-Septic™ (AES) and Enviro-Septic® Systems. Given the minimal cost and effort it takes to add a vent to either a new or existing system, the benefits far outweigh any perceived detriments.
In most applications, the house roof vent will serve as the “high vent” and a “low vent” is installed at the far end of the treatment bed. Similar to a chimney, as light wind moves across the high vent opening, air is drawn in through the low vent, up through the system and out of the high vent. The low vent can be disguised or demoted, minimizing visual impact.